Thursday, June 11, 2015

Blog Post #5 PLN's - What Are They?

The definition of a PLN (Personal Learning Network) is the people, places, organizations, and networks that enable you to learn, according to Dr. Strange. Developing a Personal Network in EDM 310. I have never heard of a PLN before this class and it is very interesting to me. Social media plays a big role in a PLN, because you can keep up with teaching styles and new ways to learn daily. It helps you connect with other professionals so that you may become a better educator and learner. My Wonderful PLN includes an interview where we can see how important having a PLN is.

Twitter is a really great tool for a PLN. You can contact and keep up to date with someone who can make suggestions or show you a better way to make changes in the classroom. Personally, I have already followed several inspiring educators on Twitter and I enjoy reading their advice.

The video below is an example of a seventh grader giving a tour of her PLE (Personal Learning Environment) and I find it to be a great example of what a PLN is like.


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post! I found we used the same information, but also saw how you used twitter to advance your PLN. I did this as well. It's a great way to venture out and beyond to new followers and lists.

    ReplyDelete